Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This article is a stub. You can help Rend Wiki by .|
Taming is the process by which you kill creatures and capture their spirits, allowing you to summon them to aid you later. The general process is to use a Taming Crystal to guarantee an animal's spirit goes to the Otherside upon death. The Player then uses one of various means to travel to the Otherside. Once there, the player can use various Item to deal Tame Progress to the target, until the tame is successful.
Required materials[edit | edit source]
- A creature you want to tame and the means to kill it
- A Taming Crystal
- Access to the Spirit Realm, such as with a Totem of the Other World, Othershrooms or a Shaman's Rend the Veil talent
- Spirit Arrows and a bow to fire them
- Access to a Spirit Stable
Taming process[edit | edit source]
Find the creature you want to tame and mark it with the Taming Crystal, then kill it while it is marked. Travel to the Spirit Realm and find the creature's spirit, which should be at or near the location where it was killed, and shoot it with spirit arrows until the blue bar below its health fills up. Leave the spirit realm and use the Spirit Stable to select your new tame and set it to active, after which you can summon it at will by pressing the summon key (default Z).
Tamed Creature Stats[edit | edit source]
All tamed creatures of a particular type and rating have the same stats, with the only exception being what they can harvest. Thus, the Sumar Draak (Draak from Tier 4 zone) has the same stats as the Territorial Draak (Draak from stagwoods) if they have the same pet rating and level.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While in the Spirit Realm, the Lost will likely swarm you. It is advised to make sure you have high enough armor to be able to survive their attack, or bring a friend to help fend them off or distract them.
- Higher pet rating = better stats but harder to tame
- Theres a Taming-Bar. Every player has its own bar. The player who fills it up first, gets the pet.
- Shamans have a skill perk that boost 5% spirit tame per rank.
- Part of the challenge of taming is to do enough taming damage to tame before you do enough physical damage, thus a low-damage bow is useful. The taming bow is specifically designed for this purpose.
- Spirit arrows taming damage acts similar to a stacking poison and only lasts 5 second. Currently, your best bet is to spam these arrows into your target as quickly as possible. The most important thing is to never let the effect of the arrows expire. As the taming effect stacks, the taming it provides will eventually overcome the damage you're doing. Do not stop to run unless you're certain you can turn around and shoot again within 5 seconds. Allowing these stacks to expire will commonly end a taming attempt.
Using tamed creatures[edit | edit source]
Pets can be used as mounts or to carry things.They will fight with you but are generally low in defense and survivibility. Like player characters, pets have a limited carrying capacity. When you ride them, your weight is added to them so keep that in mind.
While you are out fighting or harvesting, your pet will level up with you so be sure to always have them with you when you're out and about.
Wolves will harvest Hide/Meat