|This article is a stub. You can help Rend Wiki by .|
Taming is the process by which you kill creatures and capture their spirits, allowing you to summon them to aid you later.
Required materials[edit | edit source]
- A creature you want to tame and the means to kill it
- A Taming Crystal
- Access to the Spirit Realm, such as with a Totem of the Other World or a Shaman's Rend the Veil talent
- Spirit Arrows and a bow to fire them
- Access to a Spirit Stable
Taming process[edit | edit source]
Find the creature you want to tame and mark it with the Taming Crystal, then kill it while it is marked. Travel to the Spirit Realm and find the creature's spirit, which should be at or near the location where it was killed, and shoot it with spirit arrows until the blue bar below its health fills up. Leave the spirit realm and use the Spirit Stable to select your new tame and set it to active, after which you can summon it at will by pressing the summon key (default Z).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While in the Spirit Realm, the Lost will likely swarm you. It is advised to make sure you have high enough armor to be able to survive their attack, or bring a friend to help fend them off or distract them.
- Higher pet rating = better stats but harder to tame
- Theres a Taming-Bar. Every player has its own bar. The player who fills it up first, gets the pet.
Using tamed creatures[edit | edit source]
Pets can be used as mounts or to carry things.They will fight with you but are generally low in defense and survivibility. Like player characters, pets have a limited carrying capacity. When you ride them, your weight is added to them so keep that in mind.
While you are out fighting or harvesting, your pet will level up with you so be sure to always have them with you when you're out and about.