Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- 1 0.0.2.3
- 2 0.0.2.4
- 3 0.0.2.5
- 4 0.0.2.6
- 5 0.0.2.7
- 6 0.0.2.8
- 7 0.0.2.9
- 8 0.0.2.10
- 9 0.0.2.14
- 10 Early Access Patch 1
- 11 Early Access Patch 2
- 12 Outcast System
- 13 Early Access Patch 2.1
- 14 Early Access Patch 3
- 15 Early Access Patch 4
- 16 Early Access Patch 4.1
- 17 Early Access Patch 5
0.0.2.3[edit | edit source]
- Released April 21, 2017
- Added foundations and windows to cobblestone base building tier.
- Added Mystic and Invention upgrades for the Saw and Stone Cutter.
- Updated contruction research tree flow.
- Balanced Friend of the Herbs perk.
- Balanced Bronze tier of crafting between Adventuring and Invention trees.
- Fixed cave to be more dangerous. Bears can hunt you down, you were warned.
- Removed sticky resin. It was an old item without uses.
- Faction Rep is displayed in the stats panel now (Faction rep is still a WiP)
- Server performance improvements
- Small bug fixes with chat
0.0.2.4[edit | edit source]
- Released April 23, 2017
- Major resource spawn rate tuning
- Added tooltips to stat bars
- Added messaging for faction members logging on/off
- Torches are no longer stackable
- Added tables and chairs to the construction/tinkering tables
- Moved wall torch from Construction to Invention
- Added new light sources to tinkering bench
- Added general day and night ambience sounds
- Added ambient sounds to the Eternal Wastelands
- Fixed a bug sometimes causing an extra item to be dropped on the ground
- Fixed a bug sometimes causing interactable stations not to work
- Fixed mouse sensitivity slider
- Fixed sound settings(edited)
0.0.2.5[edit | edit source]
- Released April 24, 2017
- More resource spawn rebalancing (iron will actually spawn now)
- Fixed crash with standing torches
- Fixed display issue with keybindings UI
0.0.2.6[edit | edit source]
- Released April 25, 2017
- Removed rogue floating resources
- Added no buildable zones near the divinity stone spawn location. This won't remove structures that are currently placed, but will prevent people from getting stuck in the future once these structures are removed.
- Fixed atmosphere of the Eternal Wastlands
- Added ambient track for Eternal Wastelands
- You can now use keyboard input for splitting and crafting amounts
- Corpse decay time increased from 20 minutes to 30 minutes
- Changed nameplates to have the faction symbol instead of faction color
- Moved tech research on craft stations to a toggle button instead of in the filter buttons
0.0.2.7[edit | edit source]
- Released April 27, 2017
- Server performance improvements
- Enabled the faction reputation system
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't use mouse on refineries
- Players can no longer loot corpses after death
- Fixed a bug that caused no recipes to show up on craft stations with no research
- Fixed a bug that hid all the perks when clicking from the Skills window to the perks window
- Long hotkey names will no longer write over slot information
- Fixed a bug where moving a placeable into a storage container caused you to enter placement mode
- Movement keys are now rebindable
- Fixed invert Y Axis
- Added splash screen
- Changed the wrap spot on chat so the last letter isn't cut off
- Updated visuals for whispersilk
0.0.2.8[edit | edit source]
- Released April 29, 2017
Added Crude metal tier[edit | edit source]
- Crude metal repeater
- Adept crude metal repeater
- Crude metal bow
- Adept crude metal bow
- Crude metal crossbow
- Adept crude metal crossbow
- Crude metal bar
- Metal scraps
- Crude metal pick
- Crude metal axe
- Strong crude metal pick
- Strong crude metal axe
- Raised tiering of bronze, crystal, iron and divinite tools.
Crystals[edit | edit source]
- Increased crystal ammo damage (large increase)
- Increase shard drop rate
- Increased harvest tier needed to harvest crystals
- Increased wedge drop rate
Bird[edit | edit source]
- Lowered bird fast melee attack damage
- Added strong melee attack
- Increased feather drop chances and rates
- Increased upper tier of needed for higher drop rates
- Increased yields of from harvesting the birds at higher tiers
- Removed bird combat exploits
Boar[edit | edit source]
- Dropped boars damage
Wolves[edit | edit source]
- Dropped wolves damage. Wolves will hit more frequently though.
Wisps[edit | edit source]
- Increased frequency of wisps spawning.
- Added wisps to the center area.
Runewood[edit | edit source]
- Added Runewood resource
Hardwood[edit | edit source]
- Replaced resources required of a lot of recipes that required wood boards with hardwood boards
Cat[edit | edit source]
- Increased the deadliness of cats, you are warned.
- Removed bug that would cause characters to get stuck when hit with lacerate.
Spiders[edit | edit source]
- Deadly poison added to the white spiders in the valley, don't get bitten without creating an antivenom.
- Added antivenom recipe.
Buffed[edit | edit source]
- Player damage caused by some weapons
- Bow damage at higher tiers
- Increased arrow damages at higher tiers
- Increase damage mitigation from armor
Nerfed[edit | edit source]
- Nerfed Bronze bolt cannon
- Nerfed Spike damage
- Spike launcher now requires spikes to fire
Invention changes[edit | edit source]
- Inventor's Fueled Saw moved to automation workshop
- Mystic's Enchanted Saw moved to automation workshop
- Inventor's Fueled Stone Cutter moved to automation workshop
- Mystic's Enchanted Stone Cutter moved to automation workshop
Other[edit | edit source]
- Increased iron nodes to require crystal tools.
- Fixed creatures in the valley that were overly weak and overly strong.
- Removed research skill.
- Hardening glue is now craftable, added gooey saliva gland.
- The night is now dark and full of terrors...
- Fixed armor
- Fixed a bug where the split count text wasn't properly updating
- Corpses are now lootable near craft stations
- Fixed a bug where a character was being cut off in chat
- Fixed a display bug when a character had more than 999 ammo
- Fixed a bug where the archetype confirm box would pop up even when you couldn't choose an archetype
- Perk Set UI has gotten some much needed polish
- The craft all button is no longer comically large when moused over
0.0.2.9[edit | edit source]
- Released April 30, 2017
- Added Ironwood stick to Skinny pine tree (My bad)
- Added small amounts of XP to creatures that attack in the night. Will add more XP to night dangers in other ways
- Fixed the Hardening Glue recipe
- Fixed rubber banding when moving while aiming a weapon
- All players should again be able to place campfires
- Stone Sickle now functions properly
- The wind tunnel heartbeat of doom sound is fixed
- Nerfed bite. Doesn't stack anymore
- Added deep bite
- Fixed unharvestable spiders
- Fire silk shoulders are now craftable
- You can now harvest the pieces for spider antivenom
- Metal scrap is easier to harvest with crude metal picks
- Copper, tin, and flux is easier to harvest with crude metal picks
- You can now properly harvest the resources needed to craft crystal tools
- Creatures HP was not scaling properly with leve (last patch)l, this is now fixed. Creatures are now harder again
- Ice thistle, and frost petal are now harvestable
- Brewing cauldrons are now placeable
- Research requirement for brewing cauldrons iron bar swapped for crude metal bar
0.0.2.10[edit | edit source]
- Released May 4, 2017
- Changed weight text to be more readable and more closely associated with the weight bar
- Updated the daytime ambience, removed the chorus of birds.
- Updated nighttime ambience to be more pleasant.
- Changed pain sound to local
Features added[edit | edit source]
- Recipes now show you how many items you're going to craft
- Added /loc to copy your current location to your clipboard for easier bug reporting
- Added icons to talent abilities.
- Added ambient sounds to the different wings of the caves.
- Added the ability to ban players
- Log Basket added
- Warehouse added (Any feedback is welcome)
- The warehouse is a building that you have to craft and place
- Crafting recipes that can be crafted using the warehouse will have a tooltip on the reagent informing the player the number of resources in the warehouse.
- Research and buildings will be craftable if you have high enough rep
- Rep is now gained by depositing resources into the warehouse, or using your personal inventory to research
Bugs fixed[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a number of item text bugs
- Death blows now properly grant weapon XP
- Fixed durability of Sturdy iron pick
- Fixed issue where Iron spike launcher had no recoil.
- Long Server Names are no longer cutoff on the server select menu
- Stone Foundations no longer have damage stats
- Right-clicking now correctly consumes items again
- Fixed a bug that allowed people to fire their weapons while it was in their personal stash
- Fixed a bug that caused users to crash when pressing space twice at the beginning of a chat message
- Fixed a bug where the filter buttons weren't working when "show only craftable items" was checked.
- Further optimized draw distances, people should experience a large performance increase on older machines.
- Fixed firing bugs for Crude metal crossbow.
Balance changes[edit | edit source]
- Lowered feather drop rate from higher tier tools
- Crystal ammo now is built at blacksmithing table and requires Adventure: bronze crafting
- Slightly increased recoil of spike launchers
- Bronze bars now weigh 2
- Some storage boxes have changed in size to correctly reflect their relative inventory size
Perks added[edit | edit source]
- Spike launcher Strong grip (Reduces recoil of spike launchers)
- Spike launcher Packed spikes (Increase clip size for spike launchers)
- Spike launcher Steady core (Removes ADS movespeed penalty for spike launchers)
- Spike launcher Aim to kill (Increases headshot damage for spike launchers)
- Spike launcher Distant shot (Increases spike launchers firing range)
- Spike launcher Quick fire (Increases attack speed for spike launchers)
- Spike launcher Quick load (Increase reload speed for spike launchers on successful hit)
- Crossbow Perk: Toughening will
- Repeater Perk: Resourceful ammo (Unlocks personal craftingrecipe to build stone and crystal darts in the world)
- Repeater Perk: Upgraded ammo (Unlocks crafting recipes for upgraded stone and crystal darts)
0.0.2.14[edit | edit source]
- Released May 10, 2017
- Added color variant for Lost fodder
Added[edit | edit source]
- Backpack: Roughweave Roughsack
- Large Wood Box crafting recipe
- Tough Leather Waterskin
- Exceptional Wood Torch (brighter, longer distance, more durability)
- Healing Salve to the Mystic Altar
- More board recipes to the Inventor's Fueled Saw
- More board recipes to the Mystic's Enchanted Saw
- More board recipes to the Saw
- Essence of Golden Currant recipe
- Essence of Blood Bloom recipe
- Essence of Ghost Seed recipe
- Added upgraded tool handles to invention tree (Increased durability to sturdy tools for all material types)
Balance changes[edit | edit source]
- Moved Axes and picks to adventuring tree
- Removed research for Bronze tools from invention tree
- Added water leaking values to the various waterskins. (Higher tier waterskins got a small buff)
- Removed Essence of golden currant from Iron crafting research, again another typo
- Removed bush nodes that instantly respawned for hax gathering of blood bloom
- Balanced the invention upgrade of the Inventor's Fueled Saw to be much more handy
- Changed saw location to the tinkering table
- Changed stone cutter's crafting location to the tinkering table
- Fixed a couple crafting recipes for mystics draughts to be more forgiving on resource costs
- Buffed most draughts, and elixir benefits
- Lowered durability of basic wood torch
- Lowered light distance of basic wood torch
Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Finally fixed the "stat bug", causing insta death on login, no headshot damage, etc.
- Moved Iron longbow to be properly behind the research
- Fixed bronze crafting experiments to not require throwing stones...fail fingers failed me
- Changed saw to be a crafting station instead of automatically cutting for you
- Fixed some valley terrain holes
- Fixed some name typos and ammo display issues
- Fixed a bug where unlocked recipes wouldn't properly appear in the unlocked recipe list
Early Access Patch 1[edit | edit source]
Rend Early Access Patch 1 arrives August 7 and brings with it more than 70 important improvements and fixes based on player feedback during the game’s first week. In addition to our initial changes for a more guided new player experience, this update also introduces dynamic tool cursors, corrected pet harvesting abilities, camera zooming, and the emote system.
We’re also preparing for Patch 1.5 to deploy this Friday. This interim game update introduces several new anti-griefing measures including the Outcast System (see the end of the patch notes for a preview). If you missed last Friday’s game update, check it out here. Huge thanks to our Early Access players for their feedback and continued support!
Game Changes[edit | edit source]
- New players will now respawn at the starting area until they have visited their faction base once.
Players will no longer be able to spawn at Control Points until they visit them or reach level 10. Added character emotes. Some emotes will need to be unlocked with Ascension Points.
* /stuck - Respawn at faction base (causes character death). * /loc - Output your current map coordinates into chat. * Bored: /bored * Bye: /bye * Cheer: /cheer * Chuckle: /chuckle * Clap: /clap * Cough: /cough * Cry: /cry * Gratitude: /thank * Greeting: /hello * Hug: /hug * Jeer: /jeer * Kiss: /kiss * Laugh: /laugh * No: /no * Point: /point * Rally: /rally * Salute: /salute * Shocked: /shock * Shrug: /shrug * Sing: /sing * Sneer: /sneer * Spit: /spit * Stop: /stop * Taunt: /taunt * Whistle: /whistle * Yawn: /yawn * Yell: /yell * Yes: /yes
- All research tech trees can now be researched at any research stone.
- Added character consume animations for drinking.
- Added more animation blends to player character locomotion. Let’s leave moonwalking to the professionals.
- Drastically reduced the level of the Spirit Realm Lost in Hearthholm.
- Slightly reduced the walk speed of Spirit Realm Lost in Tier 1 biomes.
- Slightly reduced the ratio of Spirit Realm Lost to Wisps in Hearthholm (fewer Lost, more Wisps).
- Slightly increased the time before Lost dynamically spawn in the Spirit Realm.
- Reduced the level of Spirit Realm Lost in all biomes.
- The Divinity Stone will no long dump ludicrous amounts of Spirits when damaged.
- Added ResearchMultiplier server setting for private servers.
- Added StartTimedMultiplier <Mutiplier> <Hours> command which affects XPMultipler, HarvestMultiplier, SkillXPMultiplier, and Ascension gain rate for private servers.
- General client and server performance improvements.
Class Changes[edit | edit source]
- War Cry (Warlord) should now correctly apply to allies.
- Spiritual Empowerment (Shaman) should now correctly apply to allies.
- Man's Best Friend (Pathfinder) now correctly improves Mount Sprint Speed.
- Fixed the tooltip for Marathon Runner (Pathfinder) to correctly show a 2% increase per rank. Actual speed modifier remains unchanged.
Creature Changes[edit | edit source]
- Pets are now immune to all debuffs.
- Polished Draak combat abilities and spacing.
- Banshee pets are now resurrectable.
- Grunter pets can no longer harvest dead creatures.
- Festerwig pets can now harvest dead creatures.
- Stagwood Arachnix pets are no longer able to harvest Tier 3 plants.
- Sumar Tyrant Arachnix pets can now harvest Tier 4 plants
- Vetr Widow pets can now harvest Tier 4 plants.
- Sporegut Glutt pets can now harvest Tier 3 plants.
- Myrkfen Rockjaw pets can now harvest Tier 3 metal while mounted.
- Var Hammerskull pets can now harvest Tier 4 stone.
- Houst Hammerskull pets can now harvest Tier 4 stone.
- Pets can be renamed again.
- Pets no longer cause siege damage.
- Friendly pets can no longer damage their faction’s Divinity Stone.
- Added Ursa color variations.
Crafting Changes[edit | edit source]
- Added new harvesting crosshairs that communicate which tool is required to harvest resources from the target resource.
- Wisps are now harvested without holding down left-click (tool swing).
- Increased the hitbox for Roughwood Saplings.
- Harvesting sounds are now volume scaled by the sound effects slider.
- The crafting menu now defaults to tree view for new players.
- The Simple Bow can now also be found in the Bows crafting tree in addition to the Basic Survival Tree.
- Added Spirit Taming Bow to the Taming Tools craft skill tree layout.
- Pioneer's Tent (Pathfinder) can now be crafted by all Pathfinders.
- Divine Light, Medium, and Heavy Leather can now be crafted at refineries.
- Divine Fiber Twine can now be crafted at refineries.
- All crafted armor and weapon recipes now have Bonus Enhancement quantities and tiers that correspond with their progression tier.
- Increased the material cost for all Divine Spirit tools (Tier 5).
- Construction Components, Lighting, and Furniture craft skill trees are craftable at a Builder's Table Personal Crafting station.
- You can no longer fail to craft Crumblestone Bricks at the Construction Table.
- Divinite Bolts now correctly require Skilled in Crystalline Bolts (was Crystalline Shards).
- Divinite Spikes now correct require Skilled in Crystalline Spikes (was Crystalline Shards).
- Divine Spirit Striker tool recipe now has a material cost.
- Hearthfur Armor recipes now have the correct recipe unlock requirements.
- Pyresilk Armor recipes now correctly craft Pyresilk Armor pieces.
- Riding Harness crafting recipes now correctly result in the appropriate riding harness.
- Fixed some issues with Transmutation recipe craftability.
- Fixed some issues with Siege Arbalest Ammo recipe craftability.
Interface Changes[edit | edit source]
- Added limited camera zoom controlled using the mousewheel.
- Changed the uncategorized death message to a simpler "You have died!".
- Pressing “/” will now open the chat textbox.
- Important server broadcast messages are now much more obvious.
- Cleaned up combat floaters display, color, and velocities.
- Added “Ineffective” combat floater for using ineffective melee tools against combat targets.
- Added “Ineffective” combat floater for using the wrong tool on a resource.
- Added Spirit gain combat floaters.
- Added Evade combat floater.
- Buff damage now causes combat floater numbers.
- Recipe tooltips now tell you the base craft time, difficulty, crafting skill, and whether its a personal or station craft.
- Harvesting Tool tooltips now show the Tier and Type of the harvesting tool.
- Tooltip improvements for placeables.
- Increased the interaction range of tutorial stones.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue sometimes causing the game to improperly fit onto certain display setups.
- Fixed an issue preventing the game from running on certain AMD cards.
- Fixed an occasional fatal error when accepting the EULA.
- Fixed Roots of Yggdrasil seasons not resuming correctly after a server restart.
- Fixed issues with Armory items going into the wrong equipment slot.
- Fixed an issue that caused Iron Shards to be uncraftable.
- Fixed several broken interface layouts for Ammo crafting trees.
- Fixed grunter movement issues causing sliding.
- Fixed rock harvesting attenuations and volume levels.
- Fixed tree harvesting attenuations and volume levels.
- Fixed creatures being unable to attack players standing on spent resource node stumps.
- Fixed wasprey targeting.
'Sourced straight from https://community.rendgame.com/discussion/906/rend-early-access-patch-1-patch-notes '
Early Access Patch 2[edit | edit source]
Outcast System[edit | edit source]
- The Outcast System is designed to remove bad actors who are trying to destroy their own faction.
- Faction elders may initiate a two-minute interface popup vote to label a faction member as an outcast. If a successful vote is achieved (60% of online faction members and a scaling minimum vote count by reputation level), the faction member becomes an outcast and loses their faction representation (tattoo color) and most faction base permissions. Outcasts may still deposit research, spirits, and building upgrade materials. Attacking outcasts or their structures does not incur a faction reputation penalty.
- Outcasts are queue-vulnerable meaning that if their faction is at capacity (20 players) and another player queues up, the outcast will be kicked from the server. Newly branded outcasts will be immediately kicked if there's a queue.
- Outcast status lasts for 24 hours on the first successful vote, 72 hours on the second successful vote, and is permanent on the third successful vote. An outcast player can redeem themselves and remove their outcast status by earning 10,000 faction reputation.
- Outcasts may only join the server they are outcast from if it doesn’t have a queue.
- Outcast status carries over between sagas but does not carry over between servers.
- The Outcast System will continue to be improved per player feedback and is just one aspect of our ongoing efforts to give players more control over their faction communities in Rend.
General[edit | edit source]
- Reduced minimum server age for the Reckoning to 36 hours.
- Updated saga conclusion bonus to 75% of earned Ascension Points and Victory Bonus to 25% of earned Ascension Points (for a total of 100% bonus for winners).
- Players can now be muted or reported by right-clicking on their names in the faction or recent tabs of the social pane.
- Reports can now be made against offline players.
- Added server setting RareResourceHarvestMultiplier which is used to scale the drop chances of additive loot.
- Added server setting StackCountScalar to scale the stack count of items which have a max stack count greater than 1.
Factions[edit | edit source]
- Attacking friendly mounts now incurs a faction reputation penalty
- Increased the faction reputation penalty for killing an allied player to 200 (up from 50).
- The Terrible faction reputation rank has been split into three new negative faction reputation ranks with scaling combat penalties and loss of faction privileges.
* Miscreant (-50 Faction Reputation) * Loses Faction Base Interaction Privileges. * -34% Damage Against Players * Coward (-400 Faction Reputation) * Loses Faction Chat Privileges * -66% Damage Against Players * +50% Damage Received from Players *Traitor (-1000 Faction Reputation) * -90% Damage Against Players * +100% Damage Received from Players
- Killing a faction member with Miscreant or lower reputation does not incur a reputation penalty.
- Renamed faction reputation rank Warlord to Chieftain (to prevent confusion with the Warlord archetype).
- Increased Elder Chest storage space:
* Small Elder Chest: Increased container storage from 7 to 14. * Medium Elder Chest: Increased container storage from 14 to 24. * Large Elder Chest: Increased container storage from 24 to 36.
- Removed research requirement of the personal stash to allow for early secured items.
- Renamed unsecure containers (no reputation rank required) as “Unlocked”.
- Added tooltips to containers to better explain reputation locked and unlocked concepts.
- Added faction notification when a player loots a friendly corpse.
* If the corpse is a Miscreant, Coward, Traitor, or Outcast, then there is no faction notification. * If the corpse is of a fellow clan member, then there is no faction notification.
- Looting a friendly corpse now deducts 500 faction reputation.
- If the corpse is a Miscreant, Coward, Traitor, or Outcast, then there is no faction reputation penalty.
- If the corpse is of a fellow clan member, then there is no faction reputation penalty.
- Added scaling faction reputation requirements to Armor and Weapon Racks.
- Players that have been offline for longer than two days lose Elder status until they log back on.
- Players may now damage their own structures without incurring a faction reputation penalty.
Talent and Perk Balance[edit | edit source]
We've made a number of adjustments to address the burst damage potential of players against other players. These adjustments are a quick fix to mitigate the problem and some of the offending perks, talents, or abilities may be redesigned with future patches.
- Master of Poison (Assassin) now properly converts 20% of damage to poison damage.
- Reduced critical damage bonus from each talent rank spent in Assassin to 0.5% (down from 1%).
- Reduced sprint speed bonus from each talent rank spent in Assassin to 2.5 (down from 5).
- Reduced Isolated Incident (Assassin) armor debuff to 5% per rank (down from 10% per rank).
- Reduced Isolated Incident (Assassin) armor debuff duration to 6 seconds (down from 10 seconds).
- Reduced Razing Shots (Warlord) fire damage conversion to 15% per rank (down from 20% per rank).
- Reduced One With the Bow (Bow Perk) draw speed bonus to 10% (down from 20%).
- Reduced Aim to Kill (Bow Perk) critical damage bonus to 10% (down from 25%).
- Reduced Heavy Draw (Bow Perk) damage bonus to 15% (down from 25%).
- Reduced Halcyon Sniper (Bow Perk) damage bonus to 20% (down from 40%).
Item Balance[edit | edit source]
- Reduced crossbow durability consumption by 66%.
- Rebalanced poison consumables:
* Weak Poison * Damage reduced to 1 damage per 2 seconds (down from 2 per 2 seconds). * Duration reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20 seconds). * Max stack count reduced to 3 (down from 5). * Medium Poison * Damage reduced to 2 damage per 2 seconds (down from 3 per 2 seconds). * Duration reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20 seconds). * Max stack count reduced to 3 (down from 5). * Severe Poison * Damage reduced to 3 damage per 2 seconds (down from 5 per 2 seconds). * Duration reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20 seconds). * Max stack count reduced to 3 (down from 5). * Assassin's Mire * Damage reduced to 4 damage per 2 seconds (down from 5 per 2 seconds). * Snare reduced to 3% per stack (down from 5% per stack). * Duration reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20 seconds). * Max stack count reduced to 3 (down from 5). * Assassin's Blight * Damage reduced to 4 damage per 2 seconds (down from 5 per 2 seconds). * Armor reduction reduced to 3% per stack (down from 5% per stack). * Duration reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20 seconds). *Max stack count reduced to 3 (down from 5).
- Removed cold resist from Coarsethread cloth armor.
- Reduced cold resist from Shadowcloth armor from 5 to 2 per piece.
- Reduced cold resist from Runecloth armor from 10 to 4 per piece.
- Increased ambient body temperature gained from wearing Ruggedhide armor by 5 per piece.
- Increased ambient body temperature gained from wearing Darkhide armor by 4 per piece.
- Increased cold resist gained from wearing Darkhide armor by 4 per piece.
- Increased ambient body temperature gained from wearing Runeleather armor by 4 per piece.
- Increased cold resist gained from wearing Runeleather armor by 8 per piece.
- Increased ambient body temperature gained from wearing Warleather armor by 4 per piece.
- Increased cold resist gained from wearing Warleather armor by 14 per piece.
World[edit | edit source]
- Reduced the respawn rates of metal nodes.
- Reduced the number of metal nodes spawned at any point.
- New visuals for Wisps.
- Players now harvest all Spirits from a Wisp at once instead of one at a time.
- Reduced the number of Wisps that will spawn from a Divinity Stone at any time but increased the spirits that they will contain.
- Added light beams to faction bases for easier navigation.
- Added appropriately-colored lights to research stones.
- Adjusted the spawns around the initial spawning area to make it slightly less dangerous.
- Added more rare spawn creatures in Myrkfen and Stagswood.
- Added new music for Roots of Yggdrasil.
- Added new music for Frystfel.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- Updated “craft complete” sound.
- Trapdoors can now be crafted in the Doors Crafting Skill tree.
- Trapdoor frames will now have a trapdoor installed in them when upgraded.
- Greatly reduced number of materials needed to repair armor and weapons.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Various fixes for the Frabbit burrow ability.
- Added visual effect to Frabbit burrow ability.
- Frabbits now sometimes uncover shinies when burrowing.
- Added a new combat ability for Festerwigs.
- Updated sprint animations for Roc, Warg, Draak, Ursa, Hammerskull, and Rotna.
- The Lost will no longer attack personal bases during the Reckoning.
Pets[edit | edit source]
- Added interface support for favorite pets.
- Early-tier Arachnix are now resurrectable.
- Pets should now only harvest the intended resource tiers (they were able to harvest one too many).
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Updated player harvest animations.
- Added animations for the following emotes:
* /no * /yes * /hello * /point
- Update female divinite helm art.
Interface[edit | edit source]
- Added a radial menu to select common emotes (hotkey: H).
- Talents and Perks that deal bonus damage now trigger combat floaters for that damage.
- Made campfires and refineries less confusing:
- Changed “Off” button to “Turn On”
- Changed “On” button to “Turn Off”
- Added Recent Players tab on the Social menu, showing players you’ve come into contact with.
- Added Mute/Unmute context menu option when right clicking players in the Social menu.
- Added Report Player to the right click menu in the Social menu.
- Added Outcast option to faction member right click menu if you have the proper rank.
- Added "Rep." to faction member display in the Social menu. Displays icons identifying outcast and (with the proper rank) whether the member is abusing faction chest * access.
- Added tooltips to stash research.
- Added tooltips to weapon and mount harnesses.
- Added new crosshair icon for interact.
- Added faction reputation rank to some chat notifications. If the player has outcast status, they are shown as Outcast instead.
- Added mouseover tooltips to show the per-rank stats for archetypes.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- The recipe for Divine Heavy Leather no longer creates Divine Medium Leather.
- Reinforcements socketed into walls can no longer be jumped on.
- Reduced instances of inappropriately flying creatures.
- Fixed an issue with Rite of Retaliation preventing reputation loss when it shouldn't.
- Traps should no longer show a debug trigger volume.
- Fixed trap recipe names.
- Additive drops will no longer have their chance to drop scaled by harvest multipliers, but the resulting quantity will be.
- Iron Shards are now craftable (really this time).
- Fixed a bug causing some craft stations to display extra (incorrect) craft trees.
- Fixed Frystfel ambient track not looping properly.
- Fixed issues with Shadowstep not always working as intended.
- Fixed Spirit Torches not providing light.
- Opening an interface window will no longer cancel a spell being cast.
- Divinite Dust can no longer be harvested with a Tier 3 pick.
- Character nameplates will no longer occasionally be empty.
- Fixed an issue with Ursa mounted harvest and attack animations so that they should no longer cause players to get into a stuck state.
- The faction reputation penalty for killing a friendly player or pet is no longer increased if you deal more than the target's max health.
- Fixed an issue causing harvest multipliers to recursively apply on cascading loot tables.
- Fixed the range check on pet inventory. No more teleporting of items.
- Fixed an issue preventing Amanita Spores from affecting players.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Obelisks of Coryn from granting players the appropriate buff.
- Fixed an issue causing certain damage bonuses to be applied twice for weapon attacks.
- Fixed a rare case that could duplicate a placeable item.
- Fixed non-functional clan permissions.
- Fixed an issue where joining after disconnecting while server is not full makes you appear offline.
- Fixed an issue where joining after disconnecting while server is full kicks you back to main menu.
- Fixed the saga ending to properly handle the wipe of both the current and previous version of the server save file so that the restart will start fresh rather than use a backup save file.
'Sourced straight from https://community.rendgame.com/discussion/1342/rend-early-access-patch-2-patch-notes '
Early Access Patch 2.1[edit | edit source]
We’ve been closely monitoring player feedback and gameplay over the past week and are introducing a number of balance changes as a result in Patch 2.1. It also clarifies the purpose of the outcast system, highlighting what constitutes legitimate use from abuse. This game update resets all spent character points.
General[edit | edit source]
- All Talent and Skill Perk points have been reset. You may respend your earned Talents (hotkey: N) and Skill Perks (hotkey: K).
- Added a confirmation dialog when outcasting a player: "Are you sure you wish to outcast PLAYERNAME?".
- Also added a notice to the confirmation dialog. "Abuse of the outcast system is a bannable offense. The outcast system is for players who are actively and intentionally damaging the faction. Being a new or inexperienced player does not constitute damaging the faction."
Balance Changes[edit | edit source]
- Increased effectiveness of armor in PvP.
- Increased effectiveness of early weapons in PvP.
* Significantly decreased amount of harvest damage increase given per skill rank. * Reduced material cost of Crumblestone Sledge recipe. * Increased swing speeds of siege sledge hammers by 25%. * Practiced Skinner: Decreased movement speed buff from 5% to 2%.
* Increased early damage of crossbows slightly. * Crossbows now take considerably longer to break. * Increased aim-down-sight (ADS) zoom for easier long distance aiming. * Greatly increased stationary and running hip fire accuracy. * Greatly increased stationary and running aim-down-sight (ADS) accuracy. * Rapid Fire (Crossbow): Reduced damage per shot by 15%.
* Repeaters now take longer to break. * Added small aim-down-sight (ADS) zoom on Repeaters to give visual feedback for aiming.
- Shard Blasters
* Greatly increased Shard Blaster PvP effectiveness.
* Arrows * Reduced Stone Arrow damage from 8 to 5. * Reduced Sharp Stone Arrow damage from 10 to 7. * Reduced Thornwood Arrow damage from 12 to 9. * Reduced Crystal Arrow damage from 20 to 12. * Reduced Sharp Crystal Arrow damage from 25 to 15. * Reduced Runeoak Arrow damage from 50 to 25. * Bolts * Reduced Roughwood Bolt damage from 3 to 2. * Reduced Crude Stone Bolt damage from 6 to 4. * Reduced Bronze Bolt damage from 12 to 7. * Reduced Iron Bolt damage from 16 to 10. * Reduced Crystal Bolt damage from 20 to 12. * Reduced Skyfall Bolt damage from 22 to 18. * Reduced Sharp Crystal Bolt damage from 25 to 15. * Reduced Divinite Bolt damage from 40 to 28. * Darts * Reduced Crystal Dart damage from 14 to 6. * Reduced Razor Crystal Dart damage from 14 to 7.
* Mirewalker: Reduced HP from 25 to 18 per piece. * Swampstalker: Reduced HP from 35 to 20 per piece. * Darkhide Leather: Increased HP from 12 to 20 per piece.
* Elixir of Recovery: Significantly reduced regeneration amount (was too powerful in PvP). * Elixir of Warmth: Now properly adds 40 cold resistance. * Greater Draughts: Now properly lasts for 20 seconds. * Greater Elixirs: Now properly lasts for 30 minutes. * Berserker Draught: Bonus physical damage reduced to 30%. * Thundergod’s Draught: Bonus lightning damage reduced to 30%. * Elixir of Agility: Decreased move speed buff from 10% to 5%. * Greater Elixir of Agility: Decreased move speed buff from 20% to 10%.
* Razing Shot (Warlord): Reduced damage conversion to fire damage from 15% to 7% per rank. * Master of Poisons (Assassin): Reduced poison conversion from 20% to 10%. * Shadowstep (Assassin) no longer teleports the caster. It now grants superior stealth with 100% increased movement speed for 2.5 seconds.
Temporary Changes[edit | edit source]
- Looting a friendly corpse no longer costs 500 faction reputation. This cost will be implemented again when we introduce the consent option on the respawn screen in an upcoming patch.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed bug which caused mounting a pet to remove debuffs.
- Damage increase from Halcyon Sniper now only applies to Bows as intended.
- Impact visual effect on characters now properly displays blood.
- Cragrock Blaster no longer breaks extremely quickly.
- Elixir of the Shrouded Lands now buffs damage to the intended amount.
- Player corpses no longer count as faction containers.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some weapon affixes to grant excessive critical damage.
'Sourced straight from https://community.rendgame.com/discussion/1980/rend-early-access-patch-2-1-patch-notes '